My name is Robert van Sluis, I am a designer and photographer with degrees in both the arts and the sciences (a BDes in Graphic Design and a PhD in Medical Imaging Physics).
I work with my clients to visualize their research and other content, making complex scientific, technical or multicultural subjects easy to grasp and visually appealing.
I am driven by a sense of discovery and the belief that visual communication is achieved when the viewer completes what the designer started. I like to take on complicated projects that require conceptual or systematic thinking in order to translate them into visual form, such as:
• infographics, flowcharts and diagrams
• scientific and technical illustrations
• scientific books, book covers and grant applications
• information and navigation design
• logos, identities and posters
• design and presentation consultancy
In addition, I regularly lecture about topics related to design, photography and visual communication.